Monday, August 27, 2012

KEEP TRYING


Song - Don't Give Up by: Island Inspirational Allstars (Hezekiah, Karen Clark, Donald, Kirk & Family)


It is so easy to judge someone whose shoes you have not been in.  You can hear people saying "If that were me I'd....." or "Why don't they just....".  Looking from the outside of people's lives one can only assume what they should do.

If you have told me 5 years ago that I would struggle with Fibromyalgia, I wouldn't believe you.  I never would have dreamed that I would loose my job, car and walk through some of the darkest times of my life.  I  got to the point that walking was so hard for me.  It hurt, and I couldn't hardly move without extreme pain.  Things have gotten alot better and I am slowly little by little regaining health, but from the outside I know it looked so differently.

I remember sitting in Church and looking over at someone that was going through a divorce and thinking...that is so sad.  I felt bad for them but had no idea what they were walking through or felt.  It wasn't until I went through my divorce that I found out what it was all about.  The pain and brokenness I had never felt before.  

That is why when we see our brother and sister fall, down, hurt, sick, lonely....don't even bother to think you can judge or know what they are walking through.  Just love them, pray with them, encourage them.

It isn't about so much advice as it is knowing that people care that you are walking through it.  That they are there to help you keep getting back up.

Many times I wanted to hang my hat and call it a day, but God placed people in my life to keep whispering...."It's gonna get better, try again". 

I pray that everyone facing something difficult today, will be surrounded by the Holy Spirit and that God will send people to encourage you.  People to hold your arms up when you are tired and worn.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...