Thursday, August 9, 2012

Willing Vessel






Song - Until the Whole World Hears By: Casting Crowns

When you are walking through rough times, it is easy to pull away, sometimes that's ok,  for a time. Eventually though, you need to let people in to love you, comfort you and walk through things with you.

I have seen God love me so deeply through friends.  I could feel his deep love for me, through them.  Their hands that reached out to me, were his hands,  their arms that held me, were his arms.  

That is an amazing feeling to experience.  That is what I long to be.  A vessel that God has emptied so HE can fill me up with himself to pour out onto others.  If we are full of ourselves....our thoughts, opinions, cares, education, theology...then we can miss what God is wanting to do and say through us.  Because his ways are NOT our ways.  He does things so differently.  So he empties us, allows us to go through a time of stripping us, to purify us to be a vessel that will depend on him, be obedient to him. 

My Prayer Today:

Pour me out today on someone.  Speak your words through me. Let what I say and do be what you would say and do.  Change someone's life, help someone, love someone, heal someone "Through me".

#Willingvessel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...