Thursday, August 23, 2012

YET HE LOVES ME



Song- Indescribable by: Kierra Sheard


It absolutely blows my mind, that God, in all his awesomeness, majesty....loves....ME!
The God that spoke and things formed from nothingness.  The God that created every creature, every plant, every flower.  The God that designed the Grand Canyon.  The  God that breathed into Adam and Eve....and life came forth.

The God that heals, restores, renews....knows me by my name.  He whispers my name in the wee hours.  He beckons me to meet with him.  How overwhelmed my heart feels.  That a God so powerful, so amazing, so loving and kind, yet just.....wants me in his presence.

I'll never understand, fully, the love that he feels for me.  I have failed him many times and yet he picks me up, speaks over me and says try again.

Why would I want to sin against him?  Why would I want to go against his word?  When you begin to know him, in intimacy, you long deeply to please him.  Not hurt him.  His vision for your life becomes your vision.  His word manifests in you.

I am reminded of David when he was on the run, and asked the Priest for a sword.  He had nothing to fight with.  The Priest unfolded a cloth which contained the very sword that he used to kill Goliath.  It had been Goliath's sword.  David had laid it down after the fight.

How often after a victory, or a new level, or getting caught up in our own agenda's, do we lay our swords down?  The very thing that God had anointed to conquer his enemy....he now needed.

My question  to you is this....
What have you laid down?  What have you given up that was called of God to help you conquer your enemies and fulfill your purpose?

I know for me, it has been his word.  I believe strongly in God's word, but I have not been praying his word like I know I need to.  God's word will accomplish what it says it will. So when you pray God's word, you are speaking God's words over the situation.

In so many situations God's word has helped walk through things.  Helped me know who I am in God.  Know what God's purpose is for my life. Knowledge empowers! Know God's word.

My prayer is that we all examine what we have laid down that never should have been laid down.
Help us Lord to hold fast to your word and to your promises. Give your people a deep desire to KNOW your word and obey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...