Tuesday, May 26, 2020

CRITICS

CRITICS





  I remember when I was going through my divorce and even after. It was a very difficult time. I had lost most of my sense of worth. I was asked to be on the Praise and Worship team. I joined. They started asking me to do solos. I did. I felt a release when I did it and a refreshening strength. 

  It wasn't without critics though. Some would just cast hints of how they felt about my singing. Some loved it. There was a deacons wife who came up to me and said I should probably go to a Black Church since I sang a lot of Black Gospel music. Some liked Southern Gospel and that's all they wanted. Others loved it. My Pastor and his wife loved it and asked me to do specials. I could have given up. I could have gotten discouraged. Hurt?  A bit. We all want everyone to like us and to applaud us. When they don't, we begin to question ourselves. 

  One thing that I stood my ground with is; I do it unto the Lord, not them. When I sang, I closed my eyes and it was me and the Lord. I praised him. Worshiped him for all he had done and been to me. 

  There will always be critics. Some will tell you how to do it. Others just make you feel as though you can't. You will come across those who are better. It doesn't matter. Don't compare yourself to others. Their gift is theirs. God equipts each of us with a different talent and gift. Train yourself. Practice. Be the best version of yourself you can be. Never stop. Do it unto the Lord. Pray for his anointing to take over and tell the Lord you won't do it without him. He will bless all your efforts with his presence.

  So let the critics be critics. They are there to remind you we are in an imperfect world with imperfect people. Keep on. Let God flow through you and use you in an amazing way. Never give up. 

 

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...