Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Golden Years.

As I have watched my Parents age, it hasn't been easy.  The young, mobile, quick witted ones I have always knew, are slowing down.  They no longer feel very well.  Nor do they want to go any where.  It was during this time that I made the decision to walk with them at their pace.  To take care of them, as they did of me.  Not only in raising me, but after my divorce they helped me raise my kids.


Not everyone is equipped for it because it does take alot of patience.  There are times I sit outside and unwind listening to birds or the gentle breeze blowing to regroup.  I know though that the reward of their time allotted with me is a gift.  So through thick and thin, good and bad, sickness and health, we walk this journey of aging.


I almost lost my Momma recently and know that every day is a blessed gift of God. She should have already died, but she lives.  Both my Parents have loved their kids, grandkids with a deep love.  Perfect? No but to the best of their ability.  So it is with great honor that we now  tend to them.  Usher them throw these golden years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...