Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Heritage

It is awesome when we learn about our heritage.  Whatever it is.  Knowing the roots from where we have come from.  Traditions, customs, beliefs and such.


For instance.....My Great Grandmother was an Indian.  Not sure what tribe, but she was an American Indian.  She married a redheaded Irishman.  Their daughter (my Grandma Miller) married a German Man.  That is only my Momma's side.


On Daddy's side they traced our linage back to Francis Scott Key.  My Daddy's people go back to the Keys. Which would mean I know I have English in me on his side.


Learning about the American Indian, Irish, Germans, English....is learning about me.  


The same thing is true about God.  When we learn about him and the children of Israel, we are learning about the spiritual family we have been adopted into.  The more you learn the more you understand why you are the way you are.  You learn respect and take on the God you serve with greater clarity. That is why the bible says to study to show yourself approve.  Learn about your heritage in God.  There is much to know and it is very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...