Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ever Present

I believe it was back in 2007 that I had a kidney stone attack.  It was so painful.  It was the third time I had, had it happen.  I was so sick, throwing up and in alot of pain.  I was at home.  The kids had school so I told them to go to bed. I didn't want them to miss school.  I laid there as long as I could and then I finally got up and drove myself to the Emergency Room.   They gave me morphine. It was the only thing that would even slightly touch the pain.  I was there all night. The next day, I start feeling some better and didn't even have a ride home.  I couldn't get ahold of anyone.  I laid there wanting to cry.  I was alone, in pain and felt the true feeling of alone.  I began to cry and the Holy Spirit calmed me.  He reminded me that I wasn't alone.  That he was there and that it was going to be alright.

I called a friend that I worked with and she said she would come get me.  She did and she took me home.  I wasn't feeling well still.  I am so grateful for my friend, Beth, who came and got me.  I just can't begin to express how alone I felt in the hospital with no one there.  

God will always show up wherever you are if you invite him.  Rather it be in a hospital room, your home, office, jail, a crisis...whatever it is....Just remember the Holy Spirit is there to comfort, encourage and help you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...