Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Walls and Masks







I believe we all have been hurt at one time or the other.  Often it is the people that are the closest to us.  People you never expected to hurt you, crush your very being.


That is when many people build walls, put on different masks to hide the realness of who they are.  This is normal.  No one wants to be hurt repeatedly.  


The problem arises, that there are real and genuine people who care and have your best in their interest, but if they can't reach you or see who you really are, they will get tired of hitting the wall.


I know because I shut many people out after several experiences in my life.  I would only allow people to a certain point.  Out of fear I carried masks to hide the hurt, and tenderness of my heart so no one  would hurt me again.


The only true way to find healing, is to be real with God.  To take the mask off in his presence and just be you.  When you seek his face, he will guard you and your heart.  When you worship, the Holy Spirit has you protected. I just don't care any more when I get in God's presence I may shout, praise, cry my make up off, dance, I just become me....it's about me and God then.  Which allows others to see the raw, real you.  The person's heart and intent with God.


I encourage any of you that may struggle with past hurts to find a church, place that you can enter his presence and feel safe, then just be you.  Release the hurt, and anger and allow God to restore you.  Allow God to tear down the walls, and remove the masks. The Holy Spirit will guard your mind, heart and body if you ask.  He will help you discern people and their intent.


Walk without walls, and mask free in his presence.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...