Sunday, July 8, 2012

Can One Person make a difference?




I remember sitting in a travel trailer.  My children's father had taken us to Tennessee and put us in a trailer park out in the middle of no where.  He kept telling me I was losing it, going crazy.  He was trying to drive me to it.

I sat there and felt so low.  I felt uncertain of myself or my worth.  I had been beaten down so low with his verbal abuse, and how he kept me fearful, that I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

He was at work, and the kids were in bed.  I turned on the tv and Bishop Jakes came on.  He was preaching and began to speak directly to the camera.  He said you have forgotten who you are.  You are God's princess, his daughter.  He began to remind me, who I was in God. At that moment I began to cry.  It was like peeling an orange....folding back that which blinded me.  I began to remember that I was God's precious daughter and that he loved me regardless.

It was at that point that God began to remind me who I am, and what he wanted to do in me.

Bishop Jakes had never met me and didn't know the situation I was in, but God moved him to speak those words of hope over me.

Never underestimate God using you.  You never know what life you are going to alter.  What life you will change with your obedience.  I am so glad that Bishop was obedient.  It changed my life forever.

Whenever God wants to use you....let him.  Be a vessel to alter directions, rescue the hurting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...