Monday, July 9, 2012

Not over till God says it's over

Some of the worst decisions I have made, God used to show me the paths that I am not to take and the ones that I am to take.  We learn from our mistakes.  None of us are immune to mistakes.  When I started realizing how human I really am, then I began to learn how much I needed God in my life to change me, mold me, and remake my mind, heart and desires.


When I look back at my mistakes I can see why I did them.  Then I couldn't.  I was just stumbling over myself and making poor choices.  Everyone around me were quick to judge but they didn't know what I had already walked through and that these things plagued my life still.


I have so far to go, even now, but I know I have grown from that time in my life.  My prayer daily is that God will help me to slow down and listen to what he is saying about things.  To help me to prayerfully respond to life and not react emotionally.  Emotions can change constantly, but when we are grounded in God's word and being obedient we can be constructive in our lives and not destructive. Building up ourselves and those around us.  


I believe that each one of us have a weakness.  The key is to be honest about it and daily bring it to God.  God knows what my weakness is, I ask for strength and help with it every day.  I want to grow to a place of overcoming power even in my weakness.


I encourage everyone who has made mistakes or failed, to pick yourself up, dust it off, ask forgiveness and move forward.  Leave it behind.  Learn from it and let it be your footstool an even higher level in God.  God has great plans for your lives and he desires to see you succeed.  Don't let yesterday keep you from your tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...