Tuesday, September 4, 2012

GRANDPA MILLER





My Momma, Sister and I would go to see my Grandpa Miller at times.  He looked very German.  He had a rough, scary look on his face sometimes, lolo, but when he talked to me, he was a very kind Man.

Every time we went over there he would tell me to hold my dress out in front of me and he would dump change that he had in a tin glass, full.  It was like those old gold, green, and red tin cups.  It was always quite a bit of money for such a little girl.  It thrilled me to no end...lolol

He would take me to see my cousin, Peggy, her ducks and birds she had.  I loved the house she lived in.  It was absolutely beautiful.  

I never knew Grandpa in a deep relationship but always held high regards of him.  I could tell he really loved Momma.  We would sometimes take Grandpa to the store and such.  It was always good to spend time with him.  

He never talked much of his family.  I know he had brothers but there must have been a dispute or something because he didn't speak of the.  It was very sad because when never knew his family.

Momma said Grandpa would go pick cotton in Arkansas fields.  That he worked very hard.  He would make them really good taffy for a special time.  He would gather snow and put syrup on them for a treat too. lolol  He sounded very special. 

Grandpa Miller was the only Grandparent I can remember.  Momma's Momma, died when she was 7 years old.  Daddy's Dad died before I was born, and his Momma dies when I was only 2 years old.  So I don't have memories of them.  That is why my Uncles and Aunts were alot like Grandparents to me.  They were always special.

I'll never forget when Grandpa Miller took Momma, my Sister and myself to Disney World.  We had such a great time.  We ate at the Polynesian Restaurant.  It was great memories.  Grandpa bought me this glass flower.  I still have it to this day.  Dearly wish that I had had more time with him.  He died when I was 15 years old.  Just a time of thinking of family.  Miss ya Grandpa Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...