Tuesday, September 4, 2012

TAKE ME TO THE KING




I take care of my parents, pets, and try to nurture my Children to be all they can be for God, yet there is something that feels so restless inside.

I know that after all I have walked through....after all I have experienced...maybe there's not much to offer....but my heart aches to always be in the Presence of the one who delivered me.

After you have become intimate with the Lord you can never go back to things in the norm.  It is more and more of him you crave.  More of his glory.  More of his presence operating in and through you.

No matter what I have or ever will face.  I know where to run to ....when I am feeling alone, hurt, worn, rejected, down, empty, broken......all I can utter is...."Take me to the King"  ...he'll know what to do.  He knows just want I need and where to heal me.


Song- "Take me to the King by: Tamela Mann




  "TAKE ME TO THE KING"

Born with purpose and set aside,
yet pushed away, feeling forgotten,
closing my eyes praying this isn't a lie.
That life will reveal truth,
and purpose will go with me till I die.

I was called as a child so tender,
not yet defiled and abused
Not knowing I would one day need the heart mender
to help me not feel so confused.


I don't need a shrink, or profound words quoted to me,
They can't reach were it hurts, that deep part you can't see,

I don't need lectures on what I could have done,
or if I would only have differently begun.

You can't change me over night,
Make me into your perfect protege,
I am who God created and he doesn't make mistakes
When he created me he got it all right.

I'm not perfect never will be that image you have in your head,
I work more on the inside because I have been crippled, walk with a limp
I try to be the Proverbs Women and praying till the old me is dead.

God saw me in a heap of nothingness, laying in a pile,
So glad my God recycles what others throw out as no good
He'll go to the deepest depths to rescue you, he'll go that extra mile.

I'm not what I want to be,
not what I could be,
but I am where I am supposed to be.

So when you see me down, or struggling, or in a fight,
don't hesitate to take me to the King....
He's the one that will make me more than alright.

Written By: Char S. Allen





No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...