Monday, September 10, 2012

MASK & WALLS




Song - "To Me That's Who You Are" by: Clint S. Brown

Why is it that we so easily put up walls, or tend to put on a mask to prevent others from seeing who we are and what we are going through?  It's like a natural reaction.  Ya get hurt...BAM....walls appear.  You feel afraid or insecure....a Mask forms.

The truth is, it is a natural protection mode.  It is something that as humans we do to protect what we find valuable, our hearts, minds, emotions...etc...

The thing is...just because it is natural does not mean it is the RIGHT thing to do.  Yes the bible says to guard our hearts, but it does not mean to block everyone out.  In all things we must learn balance.  

I will be honest there are many people that I would not be totally open and exposed to because I have learned the rough way, that not all people can handle  YOUR reality.  We all have our own issues that we deal with and are growing in, but when it's someone else's, it can be overwhelming for.  I am just as real as I know a person can handle.  

Often people will try to hide their issues and  try to come off perfect, but honey, they are fooling themselves, if nothing else they are living in denial or pride.  It's not always, what some consider, big stuff...like  stealing, killing, adultery.....(sin is sin to me...big, small, regular sized...it's sin we are the ones who puts in-phases on them) but often it is pride, gossiping, disobedience...yes it's not just what you do, but what you don't do, lying, stirring up trouble, things that some people think are just a normal day. lolol Truth is that we all have something that we are trying to conquer.

I have  four people that I can be real, raw, straight forward with whatever I am going through.  I feel so blessed to have them in my life.  We all need those people that come rain or shine, they are there.  Rather we right or wrong, they still love us.  If we are lovable or  not so lovable, they love us.

We can't walk around with our defenses up always.  There has to come a point to where we let them down, and allow God to heal us, help us to grow.  The best way I have found is praying, reading God's word, and allowing him to use me to help others.  I have been more healed helping others, than all the time of trying to find ways to BE healed.  God has a way of doing things in us as we reach out to others in need.

I encourage you to examine yourself and little by little drop the masks, let the walls fall.  Allow God to guard you and the Holy Spirit to instruct you.  It is a much happier life when you do.  God is the keeper of our heart and lives. Reach out to someone else and love them, instruct them, allow God to use you to help them through their rough time, while you are busy, God will do something miraculous in you.

Song - "Your Love" Psalm 139 by: Oslo Gospel Choir

<< Psalm 16 >>
New American Standard Bible


8I have set the LORD continually before me;
         Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

9Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices;
         My flesh also will dwell securely.
10For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol;
         Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.
11You will make known to me the path of life;
         In Your presence is fullness of joy;
         In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.


Jeremiah 3:15
Douay-Rheims Bible
And I will give you pastors according to my own heart, and they shall feed you with knowledge and doctrine.


Song - "Keeper of My Heart" by: Meryme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...