Wednesday, September 12, 2012

IGNORANCE




Song - "Life to Me" by: Clint Brown

God speaks to us over and over, that he wants us to be informed.  He wants his word to be alive, active, and operating in our lives.

If we don't understand his word, we are to seek out, to find, translation and instruction of it.  There is so much in his word that is deep and yet so simple once you grasp it.

When I was walking through so really devastating times, after being raped, abused, abandoned, divorce, poverty...etc.. I felt lost.  I couldn't function like everyone else.  I couldn't bond with friends like everyone else.  It left me, emotionally handicapped. The one thing that the Holy Spirit kept speaking into my spirit was, "Knowledge Empowers".  He was trying to tell me to learn about what I had walked through so I would know how to heal, start over, and fight against it ever happening again.  I did just that.  I found out I was a victim.  But I didn't want to stay that way, so I had to research more to find out how to turn being a Victim into a Victor.

The instruction of God's word and Counsel of others, has turned my life around.  It created a deep desire to know more.  Now I understand how much power knowing about things that people are facing, learning what their alternatives can be, how to help people start over....it all is empowering to take situations that are hopeless, broken, and help them find hope and healing in God and through God's word.

I encourage everyone to get a reference bible, concordance, and such to study and seek out what God says about things.  If you lack faith...look up the word faith and see what God has to say about it.  Learn examples of how others had to walk in it to be over comers.

Here are a few places to use as tools to study out God's word for your situations, and help you grow in God.
Don't walk in ignorance.  Know about your situations, and how to successfully over come them.

*Blue Letter Bible-
http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=spirit&t=KJV

*Glo Bible-
http://www.globible.com/

*The Bible-
http://www.bible.com/

*Bible study tools-
http://www.biblestudytools.com/concordances/strongs-exhaustive-concordance/



Song - "Word of God Speak" by:Mercyme

2 Cor. 2:11
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.


II Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not
ignorant of his devices.

God’s will for His people has always been that they know those things revealed in His

Word. Only when we know God’s Word can we fulfill His will in our lives. God wants us to
know.

I Corinthians 11:3 states, “But I would have you know…” God’s wanting us to know is

found several times in His Word.

Colossians 2:1 For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for

them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;
This statement is put in a positive vein: I want you to know. Another way of expressing this
is to say, “I would not have you ignorant.” “To know” equals “not to be ignorant.” The
reason God would inspire men to express knowing in the negative, “not be ignorant,” is to
emphasize the positive greatness that is involved.

When it says, I would not have you ignorant,” it could have been translated, “I do not

desire you to be ignorant.” Desire is not just reason but also emotion.
The Greek word is thelō. There are two different words used for “desire” in the Bible. Thelō
is “desiring by natural emotional impulse,” which is stronger than desiring by reasoning. To
desire because of reason is the word boulomai. God did not choose that word in this
particular situation.

The word “not” is absolutely not. I desire not, absolutely not, to have you ignorant,

brethren.

So, what is God saying? God, with a natural emotional impulse, wants us to be so totally

knowing that there are no ifs, and’s or but’s about it. He wants us to get to the place that
we know that we know that we know. We are to be so certain that there are absolutely no
questions about it.

These words, “I would not have you ignorant,” are used seven times in the Word of God,

the number seven being very significant in the usage of numbers in Scripture. Seven
always stands for perfection. Let us look at these seven usages and see what God wants
us “not to be ignorant of.”

1. The fruit which a person carrying on the ministry of reconciliation will bear. Romans 1:13

2. The Mystery of Christ in a believer. Romans 11:25
3. The Old Testament believers’ walk, looking forward to Christ. I Corinthians 10:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...