Saturday, September 15, 2012

TEST N TRIALS


James 1:3
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,

knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.



This is a difficult scripture at times to fulfill.  Finding joy when you are walking through tough times, the very testing of your faith, loss, hurt, disappointment, stress, but it is when you can lift your head and know the outcome of who you are becoming.  

God reassures us, that he is not trying to crush us but train, and redirect us.  That he is pruning things and people off of us that will prevent, or hinder His divine purpose in our lives.  

Something that I have learned to do while I am walking through something difficult, is to ask God, what are you trying to teach me in this?  What can I learn?  What are you saying to me right here?  Because if you do ask these questions, and learn, you can move forward and out of it quicker.  If you chose to not listen to God, then you, as they say, Go around the same mountain over and over.  

Prayer, and reading God's word through these tough times, does bring peace and strength.  You can see where God's people went through things and how God wanted them to handle it, and respond.  You learn about the God you serve.  

I ain't gonna lie, I don't pray for these trials, haha, but I am learning how to walk through them more gracefully. How to allow God to utilize them for my good.  We grow and our spiritual muscles are built through every trial and test.  

I pray God's strength, wisdom, understanding, joy, and peace be with you all, as you walk through all the test and trials that you will face.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...