Monday, June 11, 2012

The Rewards of Ministry

Sometimes it is during our service to the Lord that he blesses us the most.  I remember being introduced to a young lady named, Bambi Swanson.  She gave her life to God and that night received the Holy Ghost.  She couldn't stop.  She was drunk in the spirit.  She was so hungry for God. 

I was asked to disciple her.  So I said yes.  I began spending time with her and helping her grow in God.

I watched her go through so much and hang on to the God she had fallen in love with.  What had started out as a Ministry ended up being one of the sweetest gifts God has ever given me, my best friend.  We have gone through ups and downs, good and bad. I know that God orchestrated her to become a kindred spirit in my life. 

She grew and became a teacher, prayer warrior and so much more.  She married an awesome Man and has two amazing girls.

In return she has walked ME through some of the hardest times of my life.  I couldn't have walked through my divorce, poverty, depression, sickness and so much loss without her listening, praying, and always encouraging me.  She has been a true friend to speak truth in my life for my good, even when I didn't want to hear it.  I am so thankful she never gave up on me but kept speaking my call over me even in the deepest of sin, and dark pits, even when I was unlovable.  

It blows my mind how God can take something that was meant for his service and create a jewel for me.  I thank God for crowning my life with her.  I thank Bambi for 30 something years we have been friends.  I don't know our friendship anniversary but I do know that I am blessed to have her in my life.  

Thanks Bam.  Love ya always my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...