Thursday, December 13, 2012

Breast Cancer Awarness




When I was pregnant with Kyle, my son, I remember going out to eat at a Mexican restaurant the night before I went into labor.  I woke the next morning and knew I was going into labor.  Went to the hospital about noon, and my water broke immediately. This was Saturday, noon.  It was Sunday, afternoon before they took me back for an emergency C-section.  Kyle had sat dry in my womb for too long, so we both got an infection.  We were very sick.

Momma came up to see me while I was in the hospital.  She told me then that she had found a lump in her left breast. I was so scared for her.

I had a very hard time after giving birth.  I was so sore, weak, and drained, but I went with the family and my new born baby to the hospital to await her biopsy to be done.  It came back cancerous.  They had to do a Mastectomy her left breast, along with alot of chemo.  It was a really rough time for the whole family.

Momma lost her hair.  I would take her to get her chemo.  Kyle and I would wait in the doctors offices for hours at a time.  Often 2-4 times a week.  She would be so sick afterwards.  She would get head aches, sick on her stomach and her white blood count would go down.  It went down too much a few times and she had to be hospitalized.

When she was in the clear.  We knew God had walked us through all of it.  It brought me and my family closer to her.  She was so fragile and yet so strong.  Momma walked through so much in her life and still found a way to put praise on her lips.

Momma's life showed me where REAL beauty is.  It isn't found in the bosom, of a woman, or on her body.  For she can lose parts, grow old and wrinkled.  But it is in her mind of intellect and her hearts that is passionate for an ever loving God.  Beauty they say is in the eyes of the beholder.  It really depends on whose eyes you look through.  Yours.....or......Gods.

******I believe strongly in examining yourself month.  Early detection matters.

http://ww5.komen.org/

http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/testing/types/self_exam/bse_steps




No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet your surrounding to hear God

In the times that we live in, everyone is yelling, protesting and arguing. It can cause anxiety, stress and anger. It's hard to get your...